Conflicts arise. For some of us, they arise more frequently than others.
We all know this.
Conflicts can arise in our personal lives and in our relationships with other people. They can and do arise in professional contexts. And yes, they can even arise within ourselves.
In our personal lives, they can wreak havoc in romantic situations producing a lack of harmony and robbing us of the joy we expect those relationships to provide. In our professional lives they can corrupt professional associations or derail business deals affecting our financial outlook. When they occur within our selves, they can lead to inner turmoil, when we would rather experience harmony and peace.
This isn't exactly news.
What many of us fail to realize is that regardless of the context or the parties involved, we can use the same simple yet effective communication strategies to not only resolve the conflicts and problems, but to use them as a gateway to increased intimacy and connection, broader and deeper understanding, and ultimately, a positive outcome in virtually any situation--personal, professional, or individual.
With the tools we will cover in this mini-workshop, you will discover, gain, or acquire the tools that will allow you to:
- Find common ground where most are resigned to discord
- Expand the number of perspectives through which you can view yourself, others, and situations in general
- Navigate the delicate and often tricky waters of conflicts in romantic situations
- Negotiate professional agreements more effectively
- Overcome obstacles to an outcome that honor all parties involved
- Validate the other person/parties while still honoring yourself
- Create conversations that transcend the "problem" and communicate directly at the level of values
- Speak to the underlying message, rather then the superficial complaint being presented to you
- Dissolve internal conflicts within yourself where you are "of two minds" about something or feel "torn" between this and that perspective or desire
Decrease conflict and discord in your life. Increase joy, connection, intimacy, and success.
Start by adding the tools we will offer in this free evening workshop:
What: From Conflict to Connection
Where: San Francisco »RSVP« for exact location
When: Tuesday, February 12th, 2013 @ 7:15pm
»RSVP« for exact location